Soil Testing and Analysis
Soil testing and analysis is an area of specialisation for the team at Leeder Analytical.
Soils are a mixture of minerals, organic matter, gases, water and countless living organisms that together support biodiverse, organic life.
The soil testing and analysis services provide customers with data on the level of chemicals that may be present in their soil samples and in many cases to prove that specific compounds are not present in their soils.
Soil tests are required across a wide variety of industries including:
The specialist team of scientific experts at Leeder Analytical are prepared to test, analyse and report on soil.
Our team at Leeder Analytical are NATA (national association of testing authorities) accredited, meaning our methodology and testing processes are compliant with independently checked regulatory requirements that ensure the highest quality laboratory testing, reporting and analysis.
Contaminated Soil Testing
Contaminated soil is often invisible, but if undetected can have serious consequents to human or animal life, as well as land biodiversity.
Leeder Analytical’s specialists work closely with remediation contractors, environmental consultants and building developers to test for possible soil contamination.
The specific contaminants of a soil sample can vary greatly depending on the surroundings of the land, but some of the common soil contaminants we identify include:
- Semi-volatile organic compounds (SVOCs)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
- Contaminants of Emerging Concern (CECs)
- Heavy Metals (including arsenic, antimony, barium, cadmium, copper, cobalt, chromium, lead, lithium, manganese, mercury, nickel, tin, uranium, selenium, silver, vanadium, and zinc)
- Metals speciation- arsenic and selenium speciation
- Organometallic compounds- organolead, organotin, organomercury
- Flame retardants including chlorinated, brominated and phosphorus compounds
- Pesticides- organochlorine (OC), organonitrogen (ON), organophosphorus (OP),
- Herbicide residues
- Nutrients, nitrate, ammonia, TKN, nitrite, orthophosphate and total phosphate
- Soil Phyto-toxicity testing-lettuce seed and radish seed tests
- Petroleum or petrochemicals
- Wood treatment chemicals
- Oils & Waxes
Many of these methods are available online and can be downloaded;
Whether you require a contaminated soil testing laboratory for residential or commercial use – the team at Leeder Analytical are prepared to quickly assist with your enquiry.
Analysis of Soil Quality
Leeder Analytical’s laboratory can assist with the testing and analysis of soil samples to meet your project-specific needs.
Some of the physical tests Leeder Analytical’s team can assist you with includes, however, is not limited to:
- Soil moisture
- pH levels and balance
- PSD (particle-size distribution)
- TOC (total organic carbon)
- EC levels (electrical conductivity)
- Texture and structure
- Nutrient levels