Brominated Flame Retardants (BFRs) Brominated Flame Retardants (BFRs), such as polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) have become global environmental contaminants because of their widespread use in numerous household and commercial products.
Food And Beverage Testing
Food and beverages for consumption by humans must meet certain regulatory standards in Australia. Part of these regulations includes accurate measurements of the ingredients as well as any additional preservatives or sugars.
Food and beverage quality and consistency are vital to preserve and enhance a manufacturer’s brand and reputation. Without adequate tests and documentation in place to verify the quality of food and beverage products, manufacturers and producers may be placing themselves at risk.
Leeder Analytical is a specialist laboratory which can reliably deliver food and beverage testing and analysis services.
Leeder Analytical’s qualified, specialist team of laboratory technicians use a wide range of testing methods accompanied by state-of-the-art equipment in our purpose-built laboratory to detect and report on any irregularities within the food samples.
Our team also conducts chemical residue testing which is an important step in determining if there are any trace levels of pesticides, herbicides or antibiotics in food, fruit, vegetables or beverages.
Leeder Analytical can test from monosaccharides through to trisaccharides.
Sugars routinely analysed for include fructose, glucose, and sucrose.
For more detailed analysis we offer monosaccharides, disaccharides and trisaccharide sugar profiles.
Some of the compounds that Leeder Analytical offer in our carbohydrate analysis include; a,a-trehalose, a,b-trehalose, Arabinose, Cellobiose, Erlose, Fucose, Fructose, Fucitol, Glucose, Galactose, Gentobiose, Glucoheptose, Kestose, Kojibiose, Inulobiose, Isomaltose, Lactose, Lactulose, Laminaribiose, Mannose, Mannitol, Maltulose, Maltotriose, Melibiose, Panose, Palatinose, Persetol, Nigerose, Raffinose, Rhamnose, Ribose, Stachyose, Sorbitol, Sucrose, Turanose, Verbascose, Xylitol and Maltose.
Leeder analytical offer the analysis of a wide range of sweeteners. These include Acesulfame K, aspartame, saccharin, sucralose and sodium cyclamate to name a few.
Food colourings and Preservatives
Leeder offer a wide range of analytical services in relation to dyes and food colouring by UHPLC/DAD.
Tartrazine (E102), quinoline yellow (E104), sunset yellow (E110), carmoisine (E122), ponceau 4R (E102), allura red (E129) to name a few. Preservatives such as sodium benzoate (E211), sodium sorbate (E201), BHA (E320), BHT (E321), sodium nitrite (E250) etc can all be determined by Leeder Analytical.
Food and Beverage Testing and Analysis
At Leeder Analytical we offer an extensive range of specialised analytical services, consulting chemistry and training services to meet your requirements.
Leeder Analytical provides flexibility in our beverage testing services; coupled with our expert staff we are able to handle your non-routine work such as investigations on your product or packaging, troubleshooting, method development and auditing.
Within our NATA accredited purpose-built laboratory, we can assist with problem-solving investigations, provide advice on quality improvement, and potentially aid in reducing risk to your business in lost sales and consumer confidence.
- We have access to state-of-the-art equipment enabling us to provide you with the best solutions. At Leeder Analytical, whether it’s raw materials like malt or water, or your final product, our staff have extensive industry experience ensuring your requirements are understood and met.
Some of the beverage testing services we offer includes:
- Testing Organic Acids: A wide range of acids can be determined from totals to individual acids. Some of these include: Total Acids (TA), Acetic acid, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Lactic acid, L-Lactic acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, L- Ascorbic Acid, D-Gluconic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Full Acid profile, Total acids (pH 7) & Total acids (pH 8), benzoic acid, citric acid.
- Composition of Metals: Calcium, Sodium, Copper, Cadmium, Total Iron, Lead, Magnesium, Potassium, Aluminium, Arsenic, Antimony, Manganese, Boron, Zinc, Chromium, Iron, Selenium, Cobalt, Mercury, Trace Metals profile, Heavy Metals Profile
- Alcohol Testing: Glycerol, Total Polyphenol, Ethanol Content, Alcohol profile (distilled), alcohol content % v/v
- Nitrosamines analysis: Nitrosamines can be detected in food and beverage. Typical compounds we can analyse include: N-Nitrosodimethylamine, N-Nitrosomethylethylamine, N-Nitrosodiethylamine, N-Nitrosopyrrolidine, N-Nitrosomorpholine, N-Nitrosodi-n-propylamine, N-Nitrosopiperidine, N-Nitrosodi-n-butylamine and N-Nitrosodiphenylamine.
- Artificial colours and sweeteners
- Other Beverage Tests: Aldehydes & Ketones, Acetaldehyde, Colour, pH, Brix, Ammonia, Alpha-amino nitrogen (NOPA), Yeast Assimilable Nitrogen (YAN), Nitrate, Nitrite, Fluoride, Bromide, Iodide, SO2 Free, SO2 Total, Chloride, Sulphate, Phosphate, Hydrogen Peroxide, Nitrosamines and Peroxyacetic Acid.
Beer and Wine Analysis
At Leeder Analytical, whether its grapes or your final product, our experienced staff have extensive industry experience ensuring your requirements are understood and met.
For more information about wine analysis, find out more here:
At Leeder Analytical, we also provide specialist services for breweries and beer makers. Whether you’re needing testing on the raw materials, like the malt, yeast and water, or the finished product, our expert team have extensive industry experience when it comes to beer testing. For more information about beer testing and analysis, find out more here:
Who we work with?
Our NATA accredited laboratory conducts food and beverage testing for beverage manufacturers, wineries, breweries and distilleries.
These professionals choose to work with Leeder Analytical because we offer reliable and accurate testing, as well as extract key insights from the scientific findings.
Some of the organisations we’ve worked with includes:
Food and Beverage Testing Methodology
At Leeder Analytical, we utilise a wide range of tests including Gas Chromatograph / Mass Spectroscopy / Mass Spectroscopy (GC/MS/MS) and Ultra high-performance Liquid chromatography- Mass Spectroscopy / Mass Spectroscopy (UHPLC/MS/MS) to isolate and produce the most reliable food and beverage testing results possible.
Our testing methodology has been developed, accredited and validated to detect impurities at ultra-low, trace levels using our purpose-built laboratory and state of the art instruments.